Save the Date - August 13, 2016 - Festa Italiana!
Festa Italiana Cornhole Tournament
Pay $40 cornhole registration fee using PayPal button above.
Saturday, August 13, 2:30 p.m. rain or shine
Online registration is closed. You can register in person starting at 11 a.m. on the day of the event.
Meatball Eating Contest
Saturday, August 13, (contenstants will be emailed start time)
Pay $10 meatball eating contest registration fee using PayPal button above.
- Three categories: 16-17 years of age, 18-22 yrs, and 23-up
- Only 8 contestants per category – first 8 to register in each category will participate
- Entry fee is $10 per contestant
- Contest time – is 5 p.m. Contestants will be emailed start time and you will be given further directions on where to go, etc.
- Contestants must not touch meatballs until the start signal.
- Contestants will have 2 minutes to down all the meatballs they can handle
- Visible signs of sickness will result in disqualification and immediate end of that contestant’s try.
- All contestants must read and sign the waiver below before participating.
- A completed registration form with acknowledgment of the waiver must be signed by each contestant prior to the start of the contest. You can bring the form with you on the day of the Festa.
- Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian present, and must have a parent or guardian's signature on their registration form.
» Online registration is closed. You can register in person starting at 11 a.m. on the day of the event.
Amateur Wine Making Competition
Many Italian Festivals nationwide have recently begun to offer an Amateur Wine Making competition as part of their celebratory activities. Wooster’s Festa Italiana 2016 will offer this typically Italian tradition for the second time.
Entries can be dropped off to the home made wine competition tent after 12 noon and before 3:30 pm. Judging will occur 4-5pm. Categories will include- sweet, dry, red, white, and best in show. Wines must be labeled with maker's name and primary ingredients, as well as vintage date. Forms available at tent on the day of competition.
Judging results and winners will be announced after competition concludes and 1st -3rd place prizes awarded. Contact holly Tate at email@example.com for specific questions prior to August 12th.
We will be offering memorial ad's again in our program for Festa 2016. This is for any Italian family member or friend that you wish to have remembered. We have three sizes and price ranges, and you can see examples in the photos below. The first size is a quarter page/business card for $50. A half page ad for $125, and a full page for $250. These can be submitted by email to Harry Thomasetti at Junkman70@aol.com. Checks can be made payable to: Amici Italiani, and mailed to:
312 Meadow Lane
Wooster, Ohio 44691
Memorial ad's will be due by July 8th.
Trip to Italy 2016
The Italian Festa will be sponsoring another exciting and fun-filled trip to Italy in 2016 with The Italian Heritage Tours. Click here for more information on the Tour.
Harry Thomasetti, Festa Italiana 2016 Chairperson
Barb Geiser, Co-chairperson
2016-2017 Amici Italiana Scholarship
Senior Citizen Recognition
Organized in 2001, Amici Italiani strives to promote ethnic diversity and relationships in the community as well as sponsor events that promote the Italian-American Heritage. Application for 2016 honorees to be posted shortly.
2014-15 Amici Italiani Scholarship Winners
This year's Amici Italiani Scholarship winners are Carly vanTol, Thomas DiFilippo, Alyson Schar and Dreya Holmes. Learn more about these students on our scholarship page.
What is Amici Italiani?
Amici Italiani is specifically organized to promote the ethnic diversity and relationships in the community and to sponsor events in the community that promote the Italian-American Heritage.